Journal of Adolescent Health
The Journal of Adolescent Health (JAH) is the official publication of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine. Among the Journal’s primary goals are the development, synthesis and dissemination of scientific and scholarly knowledge unique to the health needs of adolescents.
Editor in Chief: Carol Ford, MD, FSAHM
All SAHM members receive a monthly subscription to JAH as a benefit of membership (plus online access).
DOWNLOAD THE JAH APP.
Every month, the Journal of Adolescent Health presents the most recent research and advances in adolescent medicine with applications for practice. Specifically addressing the acute and chronic health care problems of adolescents and
young adults, each peer-reviewed issues offers:
- original research and review articles
- retrospectives of areas of special interest
- brief scientific reports
- case reports on every aspect of adolescent health care
JAH also has a “For Parents and Teens” section, which provides access to plain-language summaries of several of articles that contain research of immediate relevance to parents of adolescents and young adults. Direct links to the original articles are included as well.
The Journal of Adolescent Health has an Impact Factor of 4.02, and ranks highly in several categories of both the Science and Social Sciences editions of the Journal Citation Reports®, published by Thomson Reuters:
- 5th of 124 journals in Pediatrics (Science edition)
- 26th of 186 journals in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health (Science edition)
- 9th of 76 journals in Developmental Psychology (Social Sciences edition)
- 9th of 164 journals in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health (Social Sciences edition)
Journal of Adolescent Health Available on iOS and Andriod
Keep up with the most important advances in the science and practice of Adolescent Health. The Journal of Adolescent Health app is available for iOS and Android, bringing you the convenience of reading your favorite articles online or offline.
1. From your device, search for ‘Journal of Adolescent Health’ at the App Store and install the app.
2. In the app when prompted, enter your Journal UserID and password. If you don’t already have a UserID, create one here.