Ohio Valley Regional Chapter
The Ohio Valley Regional Chapter of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (OVSAHM) is an interdisciplinary organization of professionals who provide care to adolescents. Our region includes: Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and western Pennsylvania.
Officers for 2016-2017
Executive Committee members
1) Faculty Exchange Program: OVSAHM supports an exchange program to encourage networking and career development of faculty within the region. Funds are available to help offset the costs associated with travel to institutions within the OVSAHM region.
2) Travel Scholarship: OVSAHM sponsors one individual award per year to offset costs associated with attendance at the annual OVSAHM Fall Conference. Professionals and students from all disciplines are eligible to apply. Application information is sent out in the summer.
3) OVSAHM Fall Conference: This exciting gathering of regional professionals occurs annually and is hosted by different institutions throughout the region. These conferences offer topical updates and networking opportunities.
4) OVSAHM Regional Chapter Award: OVSAHM annually recognizes the outstanding contributions of individuals to the care and wellbeing of adolescents. The awardee is recognized at the Fall Conference and nominated for the SAHM Regional Chapter Recognition Award. Application information is sent out in the summer.
5) Dr. Jerry Rauh Lectureship: This annual award recognizes an individual who manifests Dr. Rauh’s dedication to the community and his skill in facilitating change at the community level. The Rauh Lecture is delivered at the OVSAHM Fall Conference.2016 OVSAHM Regional Chapter Award Winner Susannah Grimes, RN, MSN, CNP; Cincinnati, Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
2015 OVSAHM Regional Chapter Award Winner Gary Sadler MSW; Pittsburgh, PA
2015 Travel Scholarship Winner: Hillary Mousley Kapa; Ohio State University
2015 Dr. Jerry Rauh Lecturer: Jonathan Pletcher, MD; Children’s Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA OH
2014 OVSAHM Regional Chapter Award Winner: Laura Rooney, MPH; Columbus, OH
2014 Travel Scholarship Winner: Heather Rice, CPNP-PC, MSN, RN; Case Western Reserve
2014 Dr. Jerry Rauh Lecturer: Steve Matson, MD; Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus OH
Adolescent Medicine Fellowships in the Region
Children’s Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, Cleveland, OH
Join this chapter — membership in SAHM is not required to join a chapter, but you are invited to join.