Talented volunteers are the lifeblood of every membership organization. The Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine offers various opportunities for our members to get involved or to help advance the mission of the Society.
- Volunteer for a committee – the President of SAHM appoints volunteers to committees based on needs of each committee, space available and applicant interest. Watch for the call for committee volunteers each winter.
- Submit a manuscript to the Journal of Adolescent Health – Submissions should be made through the online JAH portal at Elsevier.
- Join a regional chapter – SAHM’s regional chapters work tirelessly within their local community to advance the Society’s mission and vision. Learn more about chapters.
- Refer a colleague or student to SAHM – Members are the best advocates for the benefits of membership in the Society. Tell a peer or student about the value of belonging!
- Submit a proposal to present at the SAHM Annual Meeting – Help share the latest research and advancements in the field of adolescent health by presenting at the annual meeting.
- Apply for the FSAHM designation – Being named a Fellow of SAHM is recognition for a long-standing commitment to the welfare of adolescents, as well as for past or current accomplishments in the field. For many, designation as an FSAHM offers an opportunity to move to another level of leadership in the field of adolescent health.
- Mentor a student member or young professional – Each year, SAHM seeks out long-standing members who are willing to mentor one or several younger members. Share your years of expertise!
- Make a donation – Your financial contributions serve to strengthen SAHM’s position as a professional organization, extend our advocacy efforts, develop initiatives to promote the cause of adolescent health locally & globally and offer opportunities to our members for professional growth. Learn more about the program areas that your donation can support.