Northern California Regional Chapter
Northern California Regional Chapter – Inactive
The Northern California Chapter of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine is a multidisciplinary organization consisting of health care professionals committed to the high quality care of adolescents in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento and the entire region of California from Monterey County to the Oregon border. Our members include physicians, social workers, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, mental health providers, dieticians, health educators, trainees, students, and advocates.
- Provide a local forum for communication and continuing education among professionals by conducting 2-3 meetings/dinner presentations each year. We also meet as a chapter during the annual national SAHM conference.
- Provide information and referral to adolescent providers and resources.
- Stimulate and encourage advocacy to promote adolescent health in Northern California.
- Collaborate with other regional professional organizations and the national SAHM organization on issues related to adolescent health.
- Encourage participation of students and trainees with reduced or waived fees for events.
Chapter events and activities are designed to primarily inform, but also foster professional collaboration. We welcome all health care and affiliated professionals who are dedicated to providing care for adolescents in the areas of primary and specialized care, mental health, public health, nutrition, social services, policy and law.
RECENT CHAPTER ACTIVITIES
- Jennifer Carlson, MD and Wendy Sterling, RD presented on the female athlete triad and nutrition for the adolescent athlete.
- Hyman Scott, MD, MPH presented on adolescent and young adult HIV prevention with a focus on use of HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) medication in the primary care setting.
Chapter members do not need to be members of the national organization. The $30 annual dues (waived for students and trainees) enable the chapter to host an increasing number and variety of events, so please join the chapter by using the link below.
Join this chapter — membership in SAHM is not required to join a chapter, but you are invited to join.