Sexual & Reproductive Health Resources For Adolescents and Young Adults
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Resources for Adolescents and Young Adults are online resources aimed specifically at adolescents and young adults. Health care providers and youth serving professionals can offer these additional resources or print the PDF one-page reference sheet to adolescents and young adults looking for additional information, including online resources, support groups, peer networks, helplines, treatment locators, and advocacy opportunities.
Youth Friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health Online Resources
Apps and Tech Services
YOUTH FRIENDLY SEXUAL AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ONLINE RESOURCES
- Bedsider: Providing accurate and honest information, this online birth control support network helps young women find the birth control method that’s right for them and how to use it correctly. http://bedsider.org/
- Center for Young Women’s Health and Young Men’s Health: These websites provide information targeted at adolescents, including guides on a variety of sexual health topics such as contraception, STIs, LGBT health, and puberty. http://youngwomenshealth.org and http://youngmenshealthsite.org
- Coalition for Positive Sexuality: This website offers resources and tools for teens to take care of themselves and affirm their decision about sex, sexuality and reproductive control. http://www.positive.org/
- Go Ask Alice!: Geared at young adults, this question and answer website contains a large database of questions about a variety of reproductive and sexual health concerns. www.goaskalice.columbia.edu
- Love Matters: This website offers a space to talk and ask questions openly and honestly about love, sex, and relationships for young adults around the world https://lovematters.in/en
- MTV, It’s Your Sex Life: Using an interactive website, MTV has resources for young adults on pregnancy, STDs and testing, LBGTQ, relationships, consent, and a national hotline. www.itsyoursexlife.com/
- Options for Sexual Health: This online resource offers sexual and reproductive health care, information, and education from a feminist, pro-choice, sex positive perspective. https://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America: Providing up-to-date, clear and medically accurate information, Planned Parenthood helps both young men and women better understand their sexual health. www.plannedparenthood.org/teens
- Safe Teens: Teenagers can use this youth-friendly website to find information on teen pregnancy, STDs, safe sex, relationships, and LGBTQ issues. www.safeteens.org/
- Scarleteen: This website provides a wealth of information for teens and young adults about sexuality, sex, and relationships, as well as advice and support, and even a safer sex shop. www.scarleteen.com/
- Stay Teen: Using videos, games, quizzes, and a sex education resource center, this website delivers quality information about sex, relationships, abstinence, and birth control for teens. http://stayteen.org/
- Teen Health: Adolescents can use this website to learn facts about sexual health including articles about puberty, menstruation, infections, and birth control. http://teenshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/
APPS AND TECH SERVICES
- Callisto: This online reporting system for campus sexual violence allows students at participating colleges to record details of an assault anonymously, saving and time-stamping the records. www.projectcallisto.org
- My Pill: This app allows users to set reminders to take their birth control pill, buy new packs, and schedule appointments. Users can also take notes and track symptoms. http://www.mypillapp.com/
- My Sex Doctor: This app is available in several versions, one for those ages 12 and older and one for those 17 and older. It provides information about puberty, relationships, and sex. http://mysexdoctor.org/
- Advocates for Youth: This organization advocates for policies and programs that help youth make informed and responsible decisions about their reproductive and sexual health. www.advocatesforyouth.org
- Sex, Etc.: Created for teens, by teens, this website provides accurate and honest information to improve teen sexual health, as well as various ways for adolescents to get involved in various campaigns around sexual and reproductive health. http://sexetc.org/
- Young Invincibles: This website provides information as well as FAQs regarding sexual and reproductive health coverage under the ACA. http://younginvincibles.org/faqs/#repro
- Love is Respect: Visit www.loveisrespect.org/, text “LOVEIS” to 22522, or call 1-866-331-9474 to talk with a peer advocate to prevent and end abusive relationship.
- Get Tested: Visit https://gettested.cdc.gov/ or call 1-800-CDC-INFO to locate local clinics that provide free low-cost, confidential STD services.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: Visit https://rainn.org/ to chat or call 800-656-HOPE (4673) to get connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area.
- Planned Parenthood Chatline: Visit www.plannedparenthood.org/teens to use their instant chatline.
- Trevor Project: Visit www.thetrevorproject.org/, or text or call 866-488-7386 to receive crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for LGBT young people.